jueves, 11 de junio de 2009

TechEd Phoenix Countdown for BlackBerry


If you follow me on Twitter you might know that I bought myself an BlackBerry Pearl 8100 cellphone...my first smartphone BTW...

First thing I do, of course, was to download some needed applications and games...but also download the Eclipse Plug-In that allows you to program applications for the Berry.

As you might remember, I build an SAP TechEd Phoenix 2009 countdown using Adobe AIR so this time I wanted to build the same but using Java for BlackBerry.

From my development experience...I gotta say that it took me too little modifications to translate the ActionScript version to the Java version...so programming for the Berry is both easy and fun -:)

Wanna tried it? Download it here. It includes the .ALX and .COD files so you better need to use the Desktop Manager.

BTW...it's a very simple app...but what do you expect from a countdown app? -:)

Greetings,

Blag.

2 comentarios:

Jon Reed dijo...

Hey Blag!

I just got my first smartphone also, BlackBerry Curve as well, so I'll be using your countdown app for sure. I could use some cool apps - so far the only apps I have downloaded for the phone are IM/Skype services, and of course a Twitter service. I like Twitterberry the best so far but would like to check out even more.

Start the countdown!

- Jon

Alvaro "Blag" Tejada Galindo dijo...

Jon!

So glad your planning to use my app...hope you like it -;)
Haven't you download the GMail and Google Maps apps?

You can check this pages:

http://www.handango.com/content/Free-BlackBerry-Software

http://www.blackberryfreeware.com/2007/09/micro-blogging-client-for-blackberry.html

http://www.mobilerated.com/dir/Applications/?device=RIM+BlackBerry+8100+Pearl

Greetings,

Blag.