jueves, 15 de mayo de 2014

Social Media Mining with R - Book review

I was really excited when my friend from Packt Publishing send me this book...as I haven't read any R book in a while...but don't get me wrong...the book is not bad...it's just that I expected a little bit more...let me explain a little bit...


This book is not too big, which is something I appreciate...it's 122 pages...it comes with a short introduction to R which is good for newbies and then it goes straight to Social Media Mining using Twitter.


The problem I had with this book...and that's maybe not really a bad thing...it has more Social Media Mining explanation than actual code...so sure, it does a great job explaining how Social Media Mining works but for a die hard developer like me...the source code is more important...


To be honest with you...I would bought this book if I haven't got any Social Media Mining experience....but I have worked and made several applications using R and Twitter in the past...so...this book wasn't really for me...

Greetings,

Blag.
Development Culture.

No hay comentarios: