miércoles, 16 de julio de 2014

PhantomJS Cookbook - Book Review

After reading and blogging about Getting Started with PhantomJS I decided to bought another PhantomJS book...of course -;)

This time...I got PhantomJS Cookbook...


This book is fairly big with 304 pages...and it's really really nice...

Of course...being a "Cookbook"...there's always good and bad things...the bad things are that some of the recipes are boring or too obvious (specially if you already know something about PhantomJS)...and dont' get me wrong on this...I just believe that if you're going to read a "Cookbook" it's because you already have some knowledge and don't really need to be instructed on how to do the most simple tasks...but...as always...that's just me...for newbies...those recipes must be really good...

The good things about this book...is that the recipes that are good...are really good...and the recipes that are awesome...are totally awesome! I was really excited and blown away by some of them...

The book covers some CasperJS, Jasmine, Jenkins and more...much more...

Thanks to this book I discovered what HAR is...and how can PhantomJS can help you with it...


Wanna see some Jenkins? Here it is -:)


I gotta say...if you already bought "Getting Started with PhantomJS"...then you need to buy this "Cookbook"...really...it's really cool -;)

Taking screenshots of a webpage using different sizes is also a very nice script...but of course I'm not going to fill this post with images...because after all...PhantomJS is a headless browser, right? -;)

Greetings,

Blag.
Development Culture.

No hay comentarios: